Posted by on Aug 14, 2015 in My Business Adventures | 0 comments

We submitted our first mobile app to the Apple Store last week. Polishing up the Android version shortly.

It’s a college based web-app intended to let students in on details that aren’t as easily accessed on the website. As such, it’s serves a complementary role to the campus’s other online tools.

My excitement has been growing on it. I admit I didn’t really care about this project at all for a good long time. It came by way of the fact the campus was ready to adopt a project that was ill conceived elsewhere. It’s one of those cases where the cliche works accordingly “if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself”. ┬áThe need for an app was there, but the timing was particularly awkward.

Flash forward just 3 or 4 months, we took this idea from sketchwork all the way to a full working cross-platform app ready to be unleashed into the general public in the next week or two. I used quite a few new processes and tools previously unfamiliar to me, PhoneGap & Smartgit, along with all the craziness that involves trying to find out the mechanism for using Apple’s Xcode and submission process.

We got our fingers crossed!